TeleLease takes your privacy very seriously and complies with all UK regulation including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The policy provides information about;
- Who we are
- The personal data we collect
- How we collect your personal data
- How we use your personal data
- Who your data may be shared with
- How long your data is kept
- Where your data is kept
- Automated Credit Scoring
- Your information rights
- Cookies and websites
- Contact us
2) Who We Are
In this Privacy Notice, “we”, “us” and “our” refers to TeleLease Limited, company number 05004236, registered office at Telelease Limited, 3 Brindley Place, Birmingham B93 8NN.
TeleLease Limited is a data controller. The TeleLease Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) acts as a point of contact if you have any questions or concerns and can be contacted on email@example.com or by writing to us at our registered address.
Telelease is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is a broker, not a lender. Registered No 551064.
- TeleLease Ltd and our websites www.telelease.com, www.usedmachine.co.uk and www.assetfinancebroker.com
- When you contact us by email, telephone, by post or via a web contact form
- When you post content or contact us through Social Media
3) The Personal Information we Collect
The personal information we obtain and process could include but not be limited to:
- Your name, date of birth, email address, home address, home and mobile telephone numbers;
- Details of your work, occupation, and employer
- Your home ownership status
- Information included on your driving licence, passport, utility bill or any other information provided by you as proof of identity or proof of address
- Your financial information including bank details, accounts and history relating to legal action and credit history
- Information provided to us by CRA’s and FPA’s in the execution of our legitimate business interest
If we obtain personal data from you or another as part of an application which includes your spouse, partners, fellow directors or other associates then you should ensure that each of them reads this privacy notice and has given you explicit permission to use their information.
4) How we collect your personal data
TeleLease will obtain personal information directly from yourself, through an association or a business, supplier or dealer that has introduced us to you and from credit reference agencies (CRAs) and fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
We will obtain and process personal information when it is required to meet our legitimate business interest, to comply with our legal obligations, to perform any contractual duties or for our own marketing purposes where you have specifically given consent.
5) How we use your personal data
TeleLease will use your personal information for:
Our legitimate business interests such as processing your credit application, completing finance documents and corresponding or phoning you.
We will use your personal information:
- For our own purposes in assessing your credit application
- To pass to our lenders so that they can assess your credit application
- For marketing purposes where you have given us specific permission
We, or the lenders we submit your credit application to, will pass your personal data to CRAs and FPSs so that your credit and fraud history can be identified and assessed. This assessment process will leave a history on your personal file that may be seen by other banks and lenders and could be taken account of in their lending decisions.
CRAs and FPSs may link any personal data made in a joint application and such a link could be taken account of if you or your spouse, partners, fellow directors or associates were to make any future credit applications individually.
6) Who your information may be shared with
We may share your personal information with the banks, lenders and underwriters that we pass your credit application to in the legitimate performance of our business obligations. Details of the companies we have passed your personal data to can be requested by writing to the TeleLease Data Protection Officer at our registered address.
We may also share your personal information with CRA’s and FPS’s in accordance with clause 5 above.
7) How long your data is kept
We will keep your information for as long as is necessary to provide the services or products you have requested, for our own legitimate interests and to meet our statutory obligations.
We may keep your personal data for up to ten years from the date your finance agreement ends.
8) Where is your data stored
TeleLease will always use best endeavours to keep your data safe.
Your data will be stored on our computer systems, in our offices and on secure cloud based storage facilities.
9) Automated Credit Scoring
The banks, lenders and underwriters we pass your credit application to may use automated credit scoring techniques to assess suitability for the products and services they offer.
You may opt out of automated credit scoring in accordance with clause 10 below.
10) Your information rights
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information that you can choose to exercise at any time.
You have a right to:
- To obtain a copy of the information we hold about you.
- Object to us using particular information or doing so it in a specific way. You can let us know that you object to it and providing it doesn’t compromise our legal or regulatory position we will accommodate your request.
- Rectify information you believe to be inaccurate.
- Have information deleted if we no longer have a lawful basis for processing it.
- Port data to another data controller or to yourself in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Object to us using your personal information for profiling and automated decision making
Your right to lodge a complaint
If you are concerned about how we process your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You should raise your complaint to us first and then contact the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are dissatisfied with our response.
For further information please go to www.ico.org.uk or call the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113.
We will only use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have given us explicit permission to do so.
If you wish to opt out of our marketing activities then please email your preference to firstname.lastname@example.org or select the opt out option in the marketing programme.
12) Cookies and Websites
Purposes of Processing
TeleLease collects and processes information about customers and visitors to its web site to conduct its business, to inform and make available products and services that may be of interest to you and for the development of web statistics. The information you provide will be used to contact you when necessary, e.g. to notify you about functionality changes to the web site and to offer services that you may find helpful (provided you have not opted out to receive such services).
TeleLease does not seek to collect sensitive personal data (such as data revealing political opinions, religious beliefs, health or other matters) through this site. If TeleLease does seek to collect such data, your prior consent hereto will be asked for. Please note that, by providing TeleLease with unsolicited sensitive personal data you consent to our using those data as described above.
TeleLease may gather and analyse information regarding usage of this web site, including domain name, the number of hits, the pages visited, previous/subsequent sites visited and length of user session. This information may be gathered by using a cookie. A cookie is a small text file placed on your hard drive by our web page server. You can choose whether or not to use a cookie by altering the settings of your browser. A cookie will make the use of this web site faster and easier.
Third Party Sites
Please note that this Privacy Statement does not extend to third party sites linked to this web site.
13) Contact Us
If you would like to know more or are concerned about any aspect of how we use your personal data, please contact us as follows:
By post at:
Birmingham B1 2JB
By email at:
0121 647 7600